Blogger has recently launched a few SEO friendly features that include Custom 404, Custom Permalinks for Blogger, Robots.txt, 301 Redirect and many more. Now, in this article, let us discuss “how to 301 redirect one page/post to another in Blogger”.
Before coming to that point, just have a glimpse on what redirection is. If a visitor landed on a page that is broken (deleted), he can be automatically redirected to another page using redirection process. Doing so will help you resolve loosing potential readers to your blog.
How to 301 Redirect Blogger Posts to another Page?
- Login to your new Blogger interface.
- Navigate to Settings > Search Preferences.
- Under “Errors and redirections” option, choose “Custom Redirects” and click “Edit” link beside it.
- Now, select “New redirect” and provide the details as following.
- Enter broken/404’d URL in the first box.
- Enter working/related post URL in the second text box.
- Check mark the “permanent” option.
- Click on “Save” and again click on “Save settings”.
That’s it! From now on, whenever you try to access the broken URL, it will be automatically redirected to a new blogger page.