When coming to any blog or a website, title plays the most important role in attracting visitors. At the same time, the description tag or the snippet which is displayed beneath the title in SERPs (search engine result pages) will steal the second place in making visitors to click on your result.
What is a Title and Description?
A post title is something that represents the whole content or an article in a short sentence of words. Even Google or other search engines have their own importance for titles and descriptions (snippets).
So, writing the optimized title and description tags will help your blog to gain more visitors from search engines.
Note: It is advised to add unique meta tags for every page for better rankings.
Tips to Write Optimized Title & Descriptions for Better SEO
Whether you use Blogger or WordPress blogging platforms, the same process is to be followed. Generally, we should keep the title’s character count under 70 and description count under 156 for better indexing. However, the exceeded limit will be ignored by the search engines.
- Targeted Keywords: Make sure you use your most targeted keyword (atleast once) in your title & description. It would be nicer if it is used at the beginning of the title and/or description.
- Simple & Appealing: Write it so simple that it should easily tell your readers what your content is all about. Using creative words like “9 Tips to”, “6 Worthy Tips to”, “7 Not so Useful” etc…will attract more. However, make your description go natural. Limit it to 156 characters (including spaces).
- Synonimize: Mostly, the titles which you thought of will be used by many on their blogs and so using Synonyms will help you write unique titles. The same applies to the description tag. Doing so, we’re targeting the same content but with different words.
- Questionable Titles: Using questionable titles such as “how”, “what”, “why” etc…in our post tiles will surely grab the reader’s attention. Also, make sure to give an unfinished answer in the description if you write a questionable title. This will help the visitor to get interest to read your post further.
That’s it! Follow the above tips to optimize your post titles and descriptions.
Note: The same strategy doesn’t work on all blogs. So, try to use different strategies and find the one that is working best for your blog type.
Incoming search terms:
- how to write description in website wordpress
- how to write description in wordpress website
- seo optimized descriptions
- tips on writing title and description for pages 2013
Share This Article
Get Free Email Alerts
And, Next Confirm Your Email Subcription