WordPress is undoubtedly the number 1 blogging platform of all but unlike Blogger or Blogspot platform, a WordPress user need to have a few technical skills to handle it perfectly. This is the reason why I’ve created this WordPress tutorial for newbies who wanted to get started with WordPress. I’ve put in my complete experience and knowledge I gained all these years to create this WordPress for beginners guide.
Why Everyone Chose WordPress Platform for Blogging?
This is byfar the most asked question by a newbie blogger. WordPress is one of the best content management system that comes SEO customized by default and is also easy to customize by using several WordPress plugins. Start reading more about Why WordPress is better than Blogspot blogs to understand the value of WordPress.
- Benefits of WordPress Over Blogger Platform
- How to Transfer Blogger Blog to WordPress with no Loss in Rankings?
How do I Install WordPress on Hosting Sites?
WordPress is supported by most of the web hosting services online. You can install WordPress either manually or using a click-to-install option.
- Best WordPress Hosting Providers
- How to Install WordPress Manually?
- How to Install WordPress on Dreamhost?
- How to Install WordPress on Bluehost?
- How to Install WordPress on Hostgator?
- How to Install WordPress on Godaddy?
Tip: Install WordPress on your local machine for testing purpose. Once you’re done with testing, you can simply import your changes to the live WordPress site.
Once the WordPress is installed, you can choose the WordPress plugins and WordPress themes to make your blog more appealing to the visitors.
- How to Install WordPress Plugins Manually using FTP?
- How to Install WordPress Plugins using the Dashboard?
- List of Best WordPress Plugins for a Blog
- How to Install Themes on WordPress Blog?
- List of Free WordPress Themes
- List of Paid or Premium WordPress Templates
A few more tools or WordPress plugins need to be installed to complete the WordPress setup.
- Create an XML Sitemap using Google XML Sitemaps Plugin
- How to Create a Robot.txt file in WordPress?
- Best Permalink Structure for WordPress
- Install Robots Meta Plugin
- Install & Configure All in One SEO Plugin
- Install & Configure WordPress SEO by Yoast Plugin
- Install Related Posts Plugin
- Add Google Analytics Tracking Code to your Blog
- Verify your blog in Google Webmaster Tools
- Create RSS feeds using FeedBurner
WordPress SEO Tips
SEO or Search Engine Optimization is an essential or mandatory process which should be handled very carefully. SEO Optimization starts with basic keyword research and continues to OnPage optimization and OffPage optimization. Below are few WordPress SEO tutorials you can check out for better understanding of How to do SEO for a blog.
- How to Setup Permalinks in WordPress Blog?
- How to SEO Optimize Individual WordPress Posts for Organic Rankings?
- How to Write Title and Description Meta Tags for Better Rankings?
- How to Submit your Blog Sitemap to Search Engines?
- Tips to Reduce Website Bounce Rate
- How to Write SEO Friendly Content?
- How to Make WordPress Tags and Categories noindex?
- How to Prevent Duplicate Content Issues?
- Stop RSS Scrapers from Copying your Feeds
- How to Prevent Image Hotlinking and Bandwidth Theft?
WordPress being an open-source CMS is targeted more by the hackers and so proper security measure have to be taken to get your blog away from hackers.
- Protect your WordPress Blog using .htaccess file
- WordPress Security Tips to Stay Away of Security Threats
- Secure your WordPress Blog using Google Authenticator
Social Media Optimization
With the new search algorithm in place, most of the Search Engines are now considering social elements as one of the priority while ranking a website or blog. So, the more social presence you have, the better you rank in Search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing.
- How to Create a Facebook Fanpage for your Blog?
- How to Promote a Website on Facebook?
- How to Create a Google+ Brand Page for your Blog?
- Use Social Bookmarking sites to Generate Traffic to your blog
- How to Get more Followers on Twitter?
Make Money through Blogging
It’s a known fact that you can make money through Blogging. There are several ways you can earn money online from a blog.
- Earn Money through Google Adsense
- Google Adsense Alternatives
- Make more money by Direct Ad sales
- Become an Affiliate & Earn Money
- Write Paid Reviews to Earn Money
Hope, I covered most of the basic part what a newbie Blogger might need. If you’re are looking for more advanced tutorials about WordPress, do check out the below resources.
- WordPress Tips & Tricks
- Free WordPress Themes
- Premium WordPress Themes
- Most Useful WordPress Plugins
- Hosting Reviews
- Make Money Tips
Share This Article
Get Free Email Alerts
And, Next Confirm Your Email Subcription