A new version of WordPress software is here now. WordPress 3.4 a.k.a Green is available for public now. It’s recommended that all WordPress users should upgrade from WordPress 3.3.2 to WordPress 3.4 for better security, and performance.
Features of WordPress 3.4 (Green)
Apart from the regular improvements in terms of security, performance and user experience, let’s see the other features that the new WordPress version is providing.
- Theme Customization: The new version of WordPress includes an option to customize themes, preview them and then make it live on your blog. This is a bit similar to the blogger template designer but its not upto the mark.
- Twitter Embeds: Paste the permalink of your tweet in the WordPress visual editor and it will automatically be turned into an embed when published.
- HTML Image Captions: You can use HTML as captions for your image.
How to Upgrade to WordPress 3.4 “Green”?
It always recommended to backup your database and themes before making any changes or upgrading to the new version.
- Once logged into your WordPress blog, go to “Updates”.
- A message is displayed prompting you to update WordPress. Click on “Update Now” button.
- It will be now automatically downloaded and installed on your server.
That’s it! You’ve a new version of WordPress software now.
If you’ve already upgraded to WordPress 3.4, do share your views on it.
Share This Article
Get Free Email Alerts
And, Next Confirm Your Email Subcription