Google Page Rank is measured on a scale of 1 to 10 and 10 being the highest rank. There are many factors which Google takes into considered to decide a website’s PageRank. There will be no particular date when Google updates its PR, but a Page Rank update is usually rolled out in 3-4 months time.
A good PageRank is a sign that your site is being crawled and indexed well (in most cases) by the giant search engine, Google.
Today, on August 2nd 2012, Google has updated the page ranks of several websites including ours. 9to5Blogger, which started on May 29th 2012 has got a Page Rank 2.
The last PR update has happened in May 2012 before the launch of this blog and it is happy that we got a PR of 2.
What Brought 9to5Blogger, a Page Rank of 2?
- The main thing I made sure when starting this blog was to update this blog regularly with useful content and till date, we’ve written 39 articles which are mainly useful for beginners.
- The next thing was I interlinked all the articles with one or another (wherever appropriate) manually so that it will be easy for the search engine bots to crawl our entire site.
- Made all the category and tag pages noindex, follow so that duplicate copies don’t get indexed in search engines.
- Made a guest post on ShoutMeLoud, which is a PR 4 blog. It brought a decent traffic to our blog.
- Last, but the most important task of all was that I commented on several dofollow and nofollow comment enabled websites through which I got traffic as well as link juice.
All the above factors have contributed a lot for the increas in our page rank. Of-course, these are not the only factors that contribute to a good page rank, but are sufficient enough to get a decent PR.
Another interesting thing was that our Alexa Rank is also increasing day by day. Now, it came under 5 lakshs bracket.
See What Matt Cutts has to say about the Google Page Rank update