How to Install a WordPress Plugin Via FTP?
Users generally install WordPress plugins from the WP Dashboard itself which is an easy option too. However, there are a few instances when you’ll have no chance left except to depend on FTP softwares like FileZilla to upload WordPress plugin files to your WordPress folder.
You can find your FTP accounts in your cPanel itself. However, you’ll need to create FTP login credentials beforehand and here is how to create an FTP account.
How to Install WordPress Plugins using FTP?
- Now, you’ve your FTP login details with you. Next, download FileZilla (free) and install it on your computer. Login with your credentials and once logged in, you’ll see a directory listing on the right pane (remote site) and your computer files on the left pane (local site).
- Next, from the right pane, browse through “/publich_html/blogname/wp-content/plugins”.
- From the left pane, browse the WordPress plugin folder you wish to install, right click on it, and click “Upload”.
- Note: You should first download the WordPress plugin to your computer and Unzip the folder.
- Once you have completed uploading the plugin to your WP-content/plugins folder, close the FTP software and then login to your WP Dashboard > Plugins > Installed Plugins > Select the plugin you just upload > Click “Activate”.
That’s it! This is how you should install WordPress plugins via FTP.
Share This Article
Get Free Email Alerts
And, Next Confirm Your Email Subcription