I personally suggest the newbie bloggers go with either BlueHost or HostGator as they’re the best shared hosting providers in the industry. However, we also suggest another good hosting provider “DreamHost” which is both cheap and reliable.
DreamHost has been in the industry since 15 years offering valuable shared hosting services to the users. The best thing about DreamHost is that you’ll get 1 free domain once you signup with them. You can get 1 year hosting for $107 i.e., $8.95 per month which is a bit costlier compared to other servers.
Personal Advice: My recommendation would be BlueHost over DreamHost.
How to Install WordPress CMS on DreamHost?
- Login to your DreamHost cPanel and Click on “One-Click Installers” on the homepage under “Let’s Get Started”.
- Under “Custom One-Click Installer”, choose the URL/path where you wish to install WordPress.
- Select “Automatically create database” under “Select database” option.
- Uncheck “Delux Install”.
- Click on “Install it for me now”.
- You’ll then receive an email stating “Successfully installed WordPress on your account”.
- Simply, click on the link to create an admin user.
- Enter your Blog title and Email address. Next, click “Install WordPress”.
- The next screen will provide the username and password (randomly generated).
- Copy the password and go to http://www.yourdomain.com/wp-admin/, enter your login credentials and click “Login”.
That’s it! You’ve successfully installed the WordPress software on your DreamHost account. Remember to change the password immediately after your first login by going to “Users” > “Your Profile”.