Add Google Analytics to WordPress or BlogSpot Blog
Site stats are undoubtedly one of the most significant success factor for any website or blog. The best and suggested way to know your blog’s traffic is to use Google Analytics. It’s a free service from Google for all webmasters.
Benefits of using Google Analytics for Bloggers
Google Analytics will be useful in tracking:
Your Website Visits: Google Analytics will help you to track your visitors information which includes his geographical location, browser version, screen resolution, operating system, language and more.
Using this data, you can analyze how well your site is being read by the users so that you can make changes in case the visitors are not finding your blog useful.
User Interaction on Your Website: You can track the pages on which the user landed, where he went after reading the landed pages, time spent on site, page views and the bounce rate.
Bounce Rate is nothing but the percent of users exit your site on their first visit).
Sources of Traffic: Traffic sources section in Google Analytics lets you find where the user did came from: Search engines, direct visits, and referral links. Based on the percentage, you can optimize the sources that are underperforming.
By analyzing the above sections, you can focus on the strategies that suit your blog and eliminate the rest.
How to Sign up with Google Analytics?
- Go to Google Analytics sign up page > Use your gmail account to sign-in. Create one if you don’t have a Gmail account.
- On the next screen, you’ll be prompted to Sign Up for Google Analytics. Click on “Sign Up” button.
- On the next step, enter your site information. The time zone can be set as per your wish or based on your targeted country.
- Next, enter contact information and agree with their terms.
- You’ll receive the code that needs to be pasted in your website.
- Copy the code, leave the window unclosed and move to your blog’s dashboard.
How to Install Google Analytics in WordPress?
- Go to Appearance > Editor and open header.php file.
- Now, paste the code you’ve copied from Google Analytics (step 6) just before the closing head tag (</head>).
- Save settings and go back to the Google Analytics dashboard (from step 6) and click “Save and Finish”.
Note: It will take upto 12-24 hours for Google to start showing your website traffic data.
How to Install or Add Google Analytics in Blogspot or Blogger Blogs?
- Login to your blogger dashboard.
- Go to Templates section > Edit HTML > Proceed.
- Now find </head> and just before it, place the Analytics code that you copied from the GA interface (step 6).
- Click on “Save template”.
- Go back to the Google Analytics dashboard (from step 6) and click “Save and Finish”.
If you’ve any questions or doubts related to Google Analytics, please don’t hesitate to ask us by commenting below.
Share This Article
Get Free Email Alerts
And, Next Confirm Your Email Subcription