Google is being very strict with sites with poor quality content and has its own view on duplicate content. In that aspect, Google is continuously changing its algorithm to serve quality pages/content to the people who searched through Google. Till now, there were several Google algorithms released and many of them have imposed penalties on a huge number of blogs. A few among such recent algo changes includes Panda, Penguin, EMD Algo Update and Google Panda 20.
Let’s not discuss how to recover from Google penalties now, as we spoke about it in our earlier posts. But, let’s discuss the way with which we can find which Google algo change hit our blog.
Find out How & Which Google Algorithm Updates Impacted your Blog?
I’ve found a pretty useful tool called “Panguin Tool” that lets you know which Google update hit your blog either positively or negatively.
- Go to “www.panguintool.com”.
- Login to your Google Analytics account and grant access to it.
- Choose the web analytics account with which your blog is associated with and then select your blog (property).
- You’ll now see a timeline of your blog traffic along with the algorithm updated dates.
- You can then analyze and know which algo hit your blog.
Note: Set the data range up to 6 months so that you can judge whether the traffic hike/loss is the effect of Google algorithm or due to any other reasons.
It’s always advised to check your blog traffic to ensure if it is not hit by any Algo updates.