If you clearly notice the above permalink structure, you’ll see that Blogger has added a string ‘p’ to separate the static pages from normal posts. There are many benefits of using static pages in terms of SEO. A page unlike the post will have higher priority in search engines. There are few reasons for that.
- Static page URLs are short in most cases and short URLs tend to rank better in search results.
- The content on the page is static and so it is not time-dependent. Evergreen content is also loved by search engines.
Example of a blogspot static page would look something like the below one.
How to Create or Add Static Pages in Blogger Blog?
Let us now look in to the process of creating static pages in blogspot or blogger blogs. Do remember that you can even add static pages in your custom domain associated with blogger platform by following the same steps mentioned below.
- Login to your blogger dashboard.
- Go to Pages > New Page > Blank Page.
- Give it a title and write some description.
- Click on “Publish”.
Unfortunately, there is no option for adding custom permalinks in static pages unlike the post pages. So, if you want to differentiate your title and URL, then first publish the page with the URL title. Once the page went live, you can edit the same and publish it with your lengthy or SEO optimized title.
That’s it! A new static page has been created in your blogger blog. You can now share your page link in your site navigation so that your visitors can find it easily. If you’ve encountered any problems while creating new static pages, please drop your errors in the comments below and I’ll try to answer those.