Many bloggers get confused whether to choose Blogger or WordPress for variety of reasons. If you’re one of them, this article will enlighten you about the advantages and disadvantages of WordPress and Blogger.
Advantages of using Blogspot Platform
- Less or no investment.
- Easy for newbie bloggers to get started.
- Can customize it to look professional if you’ve CSS and HTML skills.
- No installation needed.
- Can use custom domain to make it professional.
- Easy to understand.
- Free image storage.
- One single dashboard to maintain all your blogs.
- Availability huge number of free blogger templates.
- Free inbuilt blogger template designer.
- Hack proof.
Disadvantages of using Blogger platform
- Domain name is too long if you don’t use blogger custom domain i.e., http://blogspotname.blogspot.com/
- Blog ownership remains with Blogger which means if they decide, they can shut down your blog without keeping you notified.
- You cannot upload any files other than images
Advantages of using WordPress Blog
- Open-source platform.
- SEO friendly.
- Huge availability of wordpress plugins make it more powerful.
- Easy to use.
- Free availability of wordpress themes.
- Can also use WordPress as a static website.
Disadvantages of using WordPress Blog
- Web hosting costs more.
- Customizing the theme is pretty difficult if you don’t have coding skills.
- Security issues are more. Can be hacked if not updated to the latest version every time when released.
- Maintenance is high.
There were positives and negatives for any blogging platform. If you don’t like to invest more on your blog unless you get some, go with Blogger or else choose WordPress. It all depends on you to choose the best blogging platform that suits your requirement.
Share This Article
Get Free Email Alerts
And, Next Confirm Your Email Subcription