It’s no surprise or doubt that Google Adsense is the number 1 contextual advertising program available online. You can find several people earning thousands, some even lakhs of dollars using just the Google ads on their blogs. The main reason behind their success is that they follow Adsense guidelines & tips strictly. But, there are few people who neglect the Adsense ToS unknowingly and get banned from using Google Adsense permanently.
This is where the Adsense alternatives come into play. Webmasters search for an alternative to Google Adsense mainly for two reasons.
- Banned from Google Adsense network (or)
- To earn additional income besides Adsense earnings.
Best Adsense Alternatives for Indian Traffic
All the below listed Adsense alternatives are based on my personal experience as well a few inputs from experienced publishers/bloggers. These sites have paid somewhat closer to what Adsense used to pay but remember that they cannot replace Google Ads.
- Clicksor: The first and the best alternative to Adsense I prefer is Clicksor. You can easily get approved by Clicksor. They offer several advertising options/formats like In-line text ads, contextual ads (banner/text), pop-up ads etc. Clicksor offers upto 60% revenue share. It is mainly suitable for entertainment blogs. The pop-up ads of Clicksor seem annoying but they pay higher than most of the Adsense alternatives.
- Payment Procedure: You can opt for payments via checks or Paypal and the minimum payout is $50. They pay on a bi-weekly schedule.
- Infolinks: They’re specialized in in-text advertising. What infolinks actually does is it indexes your webpage for keywords and phrases which are not currently linked to any URL and then converts those words into advertising formats. And the good thing about Infolinks is that you can use them to compliment your other advertising programs like Google Adsense. Infolinks is offering 70% revenue share to the publishers and the ads are more relevant to your readers. It is best suitable for content rich blogs as well as entertainment blogs.
- Payment: You can get paid through PayPal, bank wire transfer and more.
- Chitika: It’s a leading advertising company with 1000’s of brand advertisers and merchants. Best suitable for Indian traffic. They look similar to Google Adsense but are not contextual ads. So, you can safely use them along with Google Adsense on your blogs.
- Payment Procedure: Minimum payout is $10 via PayPal and $50 by check.
- Luminate: The first advertising program for Images. Ads are displayed when the user hovers his mouse over the images. The keywords used in the alt and the description wrapped around the image will be used by Luminate to display related advertisements. Best suitable for image or photo blogs as well as regular tech blogs.
- Payment: Minimum payment is $10 and you can get it through PayPal or via standard check.
- Kontera: It is somewhat similar to Infolinks. Kontera displays relevant in-text ads that double-underline the keywords on your website. These are best suited for content rich blogs.
- Payment: Minimum payout is $50 and you can receive payments through PayPal, wire transfer and check.
Based on my experience, all these 5 advertising networks are the best alternatives to Adsense for India traffic. If you know of any other good Adsense alternative that pays high for Indian publishers, please do let us know.
Have you been looking for these Adsense alternatives only because you didn’t get approved by Adsense? Then you’d probably apply after a few days? Right? If so, better blog on high paid niches and ensure those niches are allowed by Adsense.